Our Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP) is part of our Terms of Service and underlines what is found to be acceptable and prohibited on our services, as well as the consequences. We reserve the right to update this policy if necessary at any time. This policy was last amended on 01/01/2019.
- Illegal Content & Materials: You must comply with local laws, as well as the laws of the location your service is in. We will cooperate with law enforcement agencies if required.
- Excessive Resource Usage: This consists of any activity that will consume sufficient system resources to negatively affect any of our other clients or services, or is at all malicious.
- Unlicensed/Warez Software: Pirated, nulled or warez software and software that is not correctly licensed is prohibited. You can report illegal software to email@example.com
- Use Of Copyrighted Material: Uploading or distributing any copyrighted material is not allowed without the consent of the rights holder(s) or a copyright licensing agreement.
- Tor Nodes & Applications: Our services are not intended or open for the use of Tor applications of any nature(s) and your service will be suspended if found using Tor applications.
- Malicious Attacks/Software: Ho-ost has a zero tolerance policy on the distribution of malicious programs into the network, servers or other Ho-ost services as well as causing or attempting to cause security breaches/disruptions of internet communications. (DoS) This does not follow our two offence rule and you will be permanently terminated if guilty.
- Unsolicited Spam Emailing: Sending unsolicited email messages to individuals who did not request such material, or distributing, advertising or promoting software or services that have the primary purpose of encouraging or facilitating any unsolicited commercial E-mail usage is strictly prohibited. If you are found to have purposely used our services to send spam email, your service(s) will be permanently terminated and account closed.
- Shared Storage Hosting: Due to the demands and limitations of a shared hosting environment, we do not allow usage of our shared services for file storage. As a result of this, we may remove large files that are not intended for web hosting without notice, this includes but does not limit .zip, .iso and .tar.gz files.
1st Offence: Your violating service will be shutdown and suspended. We will communicate with you regarding your suspension. If resolved, your service will be reactivated within 24 hours.
2nd Offence: All of your services will be shutdown and suspended. We will communicate with you regarding your suspension. If resolved, your service will be reactivated within 24 hours.
If your abuse is intentional, we may permanently terminate your account and all services.